Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grillled BBQ Chicken Salad Sandwich


I have messed around with this photo (taken cellphone style) for the last 20 minutes and I can't get it to post properly, so here it is, in all its' sideways glory. The sandwich was to ooeygooey delicious not to photograph!

The Cuisinart Griddler has changed our lives. We have a new weekly tradition of having soup and a grilled sandwich once a week, because the Griddler rocks so hard. My husband loves soup and sandwich night more than anything and I have made it my personal vendetta to never serve the same combo.

I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco on the weekend for quesadillas and the sandwiches, so this was seriously EASY. The bread comes in our kitchen box from Real Food Connections and it is The. Best. I usually try to incorporate other things from the kitchen box into both the soup and sammy. This week, the peashoot greens were especially good on the sandwich!

Makes: 4 sandwiches or wraps.

Ingredients:



  • 1/2 a rotisserie chicken, chopped

  • 3 stalks of celery, minced

  • 1 red pepper, minced

  • 1/2 small red onion, minced

  • 1/4 c. light or fat free mayo

  • 1/4 c. BBQ sauce

  • S&P

  • 4 slices of cheddar

  • Bread or wraps

  • Shredded lettuce (I used pea shoots from our kitchen box!)

Directions:



  1. Chop chicken and mince veggies. Combine with BBQ sauce, mayo and s&p.

  2. Divide chicken into 4 and put on a sandwich or wrap with a slice of cheddar.

  3. Grill sandwich or wrap until the outside is crispy and the cheese is melty.

  4. Remove from grill and add greens. I had slimy wilted greens, so I add them after cooking.

  5. Enjoy :)

*I was going to post the recipe for the soup, but I didn't measure a single thing when I made it! Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment