Friday, May 18, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce



We had frozen strawberries and rhubarb stalks in our kitchen basket this week.  I saw a great recipe on Skinny Taste for strawberry rhubarb compote and I decided it would be a great way to use of the rhubarb.  It was realllllly easy and now I can't wait to make compote out of other fruits.

Ingredients:
  • 1lb of strawberries, fresh or frozen
  • 3 large rhubarb stalks
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp sugar (I used raw)
  • 1 tbsp water
Directions:
  1. Chop the strawberries and rhubarb.
  2. Combine everything in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil.  Turn it down to low-med and simmer for about 15 minutes.
  3. With a stick-blender, purée the contents of the pot for a bit.  I didn't blend mine perfectly smooth, I just broke it down a little.
  4. Serve with yogurt or over frozen yogurt, either hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment